||The candidate will provide 2nd Level UNIX support for primarily AIX on IBM RISC6000 and P-Series HW, as well as, Red Hat Linux on an Intel/VMWARE platform within a 24/7 environment..
Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute primarily AIX OS installations but also LINUX and HP-UX OS installations. Implement customizations and utilities. Install and configure middleware software such as WAS, MQ, WebSeal, TAM, TDI, WPS…etc
- Setup and configure virtualized and static logical partitions on IBM P-Series HW and Virtual Machines on Intel HW using VMWARE. Install and setup AIX NIM and Altiris for Linux. Setup, configure and maintain daily backups using TSM. NOTE: need to be able to setup p-Series frames from scratch including VIO L-PARs and accompanying connectivity and configuration, as well as, build Linux OS builds from scratch on VMWARE.
- Respond to work requests which include but are not limited to problem trouble-shooting, root cause analysis, executing scheduled changes, performance analysis, HW/FW maintenance, provide storage …etc
- Gather support requirements from clients, maintain inventory of supported environment and provide weekly reports on work activity.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Computer Science of related field
- 5+ years experience as a System Administrator
- Master AIX 5L on POWER3, POWER4 and POWER5 HW architecture
- Master AIX 6 on POWER5, POWER6 and POWER7 HW architecture
- Strong virtualization skills on POWER5, POWER6 and POWER7 HW
- AIX 5 or 6 IBM Certification / Red Hat Linux Certification
- POWER7 and AIX 7 experience
- Strong NIM Installation and setup knowledge, as well as, NIM client deployment skills
- Strong UNIX shell scripting (Perl scripting a plus)
- Supported an IBM TSM environment
- Supported HACMP, GPFS, Host Based Firewalls, Central AD Authentication for UNIX, Central Sudo
- Supported VMWARE on Intel environments (Cloning, vMotion, vCenter)
- Familiar with the IBM WebSphere Suite (WAS, MQ, WebSeal, WPS, CM…etc) a plus