• The job requires intermediate level of understanding radio frequency fundamentals and understanding of RF design and optimization activities for a wireless service provider.
• The job requires performance of routine tasks under general supervision with specific instructions on required tasks and expected results.
• UMTS/GSM: RF Engineer will be required to perform moderately difficult tasks that require limited judgement and requires minimum supervision (confer with technical leads on unusual problems).
• Responsibilities include linking budget analysis, system dimensioning for coverage and capacity, initial system design and dimensioning and RF optimization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The area of responsibility will generally cover, several of the following activities –
• Perform drive test processing and report generation
• Perform RF network design, planning and optimization activities
• Perform link budget analysis, design criteria and traffic analysis
• Carry out area and site surveys to identify RF equipment location and antenna orientation
• Analyse equipment and antenna co-location requirements for different technologies
• Verify RF related site engineering drawings
• Perform site build verification and acceptance
• Familiar with ancillary RF equipment such as TMAs, AISG, RET antennas, etc.
• Must be familiar with GIS software such as MapInfo.
• Detailed analysis of drive test data
• If needed, field work will require to carry out area and site surveys to identify RF equipment location and antenna orientation
• May be required to execute drive testing for further troubleshooting
• Engineering team technical discussion towards implementation of changes in network configuration/planning in order to meet KPI criteria
• Drivetest route recommendation
• Experience with drive test tools such as JSDU, TEMS as well as post-processing tools, particularly Actix Analyzer and Spotlight.
• Good computer skills, able to work flexible hours, self- motivated and ability to work under pressure, good interpersonal skills
Required Competencies and Skills:
• A minimum of 3 years experience in RF Planning & Optimization for UMTS/GSM/EDGE.
• A minimum of 1 year good working experience on UMTS/GSM Optimization.
• Thorough understanding of RF ancillary equipment and function.
• Working knowledge of Client RAN Product
• Knowledge and practice of planning and optimization processes
• Knowledge and practice of RF Planning tool and DT measurement tools
• Good knowledge of 2G/3G KPI, practice in creating and analysis of statistical KPI reporting
• Good 2G/3G RF network planning and optimization processes knowledge and experience
• Solid problem solving and analytic skills
Education & Experience or Other Requirements: Technical Degree or Experience
External primarily works at a Client facility or off-site? Customer Office
Provisioning: Client Provides:
• Client provides s/w licenses, Client e-mail & systems access (requires Client PC), office space at Client or office space at customer location, connectivity.
• This is based on a 10 hour day.
• Provisioning: Supplier Provides Supplier/external provides: laptop, cell phone and all travel expenses.