• The job requires intermediate level of understanding radio frequency fundamentals and understanding of RF design and optimization activities for a wireless service provider.
• The job requires performance of routine tasks under general supervision with specific instructions on required tasks and expected results.
• UMTS/GSM: RF Engineer will be required to perform moderately difficult tasks that require limited judgment and requires minimum supervision (confer with technical leads on unusual problems).
• Responsibilities include linking budget analysis, system dimensioning for coverage and capacity, initial system design and dimensioning and RF optimization.
The area of responsibility will generally cover, several of the following activities –
• Perform drive test processing and report generation
• Perform RF network design, planning and optimization activities
• Perform link budget analysis, design criteria and traffic analysis
• Carry out area and site surveys to identify RF equipment location and antenna orientation
• Analyze equipment and antenna co-location requirements for different technologies
• Verify RF related site engineering drawings
• Perform site build verification and acceptance
• Familiar with ancillary RF equipment such as TMAs, AISG, RET antennas, etc.
• Must be familiar with GIS software such as MapInfo.
• Detailed analysis of drive test data
• If needed, field work will require to carry out area and site surveys to identify RF equipment location and antenna orientation
• May be required to execute drive testing for further troubleshooting
• Engineering team technical discussion towards implementation of changes in network configuration/planning in order to meet KPI criteria
• Drivetest route recommendation
• Experience with drive test tools such as JSDU, TEMS as well as post-processing tools, particularly Actix Analyzer and Spotlight.
• Good computer skills, able to work flexible hours, self- motivated and ability to work under pressure, good interpersonal skills
Required Competencies and Skills:
• A minimum of 3 years experience in RF Planning & Optimization for UMTS/GSM/EDGE.
• A minimum of 1 year good working experience on UMTS/GSM Optimization.
• Thorough understanding of RF ancillary equipment and function.
• Working knowledge of RAN Product
• Knowledge and practice of planning and optimization processes
• Knowledge and practice of RF planning tool and DT measurement tools
• Good knowledge of 2G/3G KPI, practice in creating and analysis of statistical KPI reporting
• Good 2G/3G RF network planning and optimization processes knowledge and experience
• Solid problem solving and analytic skills
Education & Experience or Other Requirements: Technical Degree or Experience