• The job requires intermediate level of understanding radio frequency fundamentals and understanding of RF design and optimization activities for a wireless service provider.
• The job requires performance of routine tasks under general supervision with specific instructions on required tasks and expected results
• UMTS/GSM: RF Engineer will be required to perform moderately difficult tasks that require limited judgement and requires minimum supervision (confer with technical leads on unusual problems)
• Responsibilities include linking budget analysis, system dimensioning for coverage and capacity, initial system design and dimensioning and RF optimization
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The area of responsibility will generally cover, several of the following activities:
• Perform drive test processing and report generation
• Perform RF network design, planning and optimization activities
• Perform link budget analysis, design criteria and traffic analysis
• Carry out area and site surveys to identify RF equipment location and antenna orientation
• Analyse equipment and antenna co-location requirements for different technologies
• Verify RF related site engineering drawings
• Perform site build verification and acceptance
• Familiar with ancillary RF equipment such as TMAs, AISG, RET antennas, etc.
• Must be familiar with GIS software such as MapInfo.
• Detailed analysis of drive test data
• If needed, field work will require to carry out area and site surveys to identify RF equipment location and antenna orientation
• May be required to execute drive testing for further troubleshooting
• Engineering team technical discussion towards implementation of changes in network configuration/planning in order to meet KPI criteria
• Drivetest route recommendation
• Experience with drive test tools such as JSDU, TEMS as well as post-processing tools, particularly Actix Analyzer and Spotlight
• Good computer skills, able to work flexible hours, self- motivated and ability to work under pressure, good interpersonal skills.
Required Competencies and Skills:
• A minimum of 3 years experience in RF Planning & Optimization for UMTS/GSM/EDGE
• A minimum of 1 year good working experience on UMTS/GSM Optimization
• Thorough understanding of RF ancillary equipment and function
• Knowledge and practice of planning and optimization processes
• Knowledge and practice of RF Planning tool and DT measurement tools
• Good knowledge of 2G/3G KPI, practice in creating and analysis of statistical KPI reporting
• Good 2G/3G RF network planning and optimization processes knowledge and experience
• Solid problem solving and analytic skills
JOB LOCATION: SOUTH: (ATLANTA, GA; BIRMINGHAM, AL; ORLANDO, FL; DALLAS, TX; AUSTIN, TX; HOUSTON, TX; MIAMI, FL; TAMPA, FL; MOBILE, AL; JACKSONVILLE, FL; MEMPHIS, TN AND PUERTO RICO)