This position is responsible for creating business design documents for reporting and systems development projects, production reporting, special analysis projects, and other systems project related tasks, working directly with Insurance Operations, Claims, and Underwriting users to perform duties, document business requirements, and lead projects supporting these activities. This includes, but is not limited to, collection of business requirements from users, creation of business design documents, design and production of reports, project management, leading user acceptance testing activity, providing user support, systems training for departmental users.
• Interview clients to define the scope of the project development or enhancement and interface with clients and IT to manage project expectations and make appropriate recommendations.
• Assess the results of implemented projects/initiatives against initial estimated returns and make appropriate recommendations.
• Act as IT liaison between business, business system analysts, developers and production support staff during project/initiative development and implementation and post-implementation in the form of day-to-day support of software applications and related business processes.
• Collaborate with other business units within organization and prepares detailed business requirements documents supporting medium to large scale system/process implementation initiatives.
• Create and execute user acceptance testing (UAT) and ensures that appropriate training documentation is produced for related system enhancements.
• Collaborate with IT Business Analyst/Project Management to develop project plans, document requirements, provide estimated timelines and duration of tasks and provide input on other tasks as appropriate.
• Collaborate with management on assessing departmental impacts of new initiatives and developing and executing implementation plans and make appropriate recommendations.
• Assist in background research and performs cost, benefit and risk analysis in preparation of special projects and reports
• Compile statistical data and prepare various reports, charts, graphs and/or written summaries for management.
• Actively participate in the establishment and development of departmental policies, procedures, practices, user manuals, and methods
• May provide mentoring and guidance to Business Analyst I and assist other departmental staff, as needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of principles, practices, methods, procedures and theories of property and casualty insurance.
• Knowledge of information technology and insurance information system development.
• Knowledge of technology and how it plays a role in business processes.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Project, Visio, and Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to establish attainable goals, objectives, and work plans.
• Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
• Ability to organize material, analyzes a wide variety of facts, and develops appropriate recommendations.
• Ability to create business design documents related to reporting and systems development projects.
• Ability to work in a team-based atmosphere with ability to work independently when required.
• Knowledge of project management processes and tools.
• Strong ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, and abstract up from low-level information to general understanding.
• Strong ability to solve problems through analytical approaches.
• Ability to work independently with little guidance to ensure completion of assigned tasks and initiatives
• Ability to travel occasionally
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in information technology or relevant field OR equivalent combination of four years of education and work experience relevant to this position.
• Two or more years of business analyst, reporting, or IT systems development experience.
• Two or more years of project management related experience.
• Post secondary education in information technology related field.
• Four or more years of business analyst experience
• Three or more years of related project management experience.
• Property and casualty insurance experience.
• Experience in facilitating the design and maintenance of web-based applications.
• Experience with client's systems including policy, claims, billing, data warehouse, or other systems.
• This position requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, hear and converse over the telephone, and key frequently on a computer (2 or more hours per day).
NOTE: Key words that we are looking for when viewing resumes for the BA opportunity are: Property Insurance Experience, Reporting Requirements, Report Design Documentation, Business Requirements Documents, Use Case, Agile, Data Warehousing, SSRS , ETL, Relational Databases, SQL.