||Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• The Material Handler works under the supervision of the Engineered Systems Supervisor.
• From written and/or verbal instructions the individual distributes material to the production areas and moves finished goods to the shipping area.
• Loads and unloads trucks inside and outside the building.
• The Material Handler is responsible for maintaining the storage locations.
• He/she is responsible for maintaining safe material handling practices.
• From bills of lading or packing lists, the material handler verifies incoming receipts for quantities and part numbers.
• Distributes material to the various production areas in a manner that complements productivity.
• Moves finished goods to the shipping area.
• Determines proper loading procedures for trailer load shipments.
• Notifies Supervisor or scrap material so that proper transactions can be made.
• Performs daily maintenance check on lift trucks.
• Checks material movement transactions for accuracy of part numbers, quantities and locations.
• Maintains operating skills necessary to operate three different lift truck sizes.
• Loads and unloads finished goods and in-process materials from semi-trailers and vans.
• Occasionally, from verbal and/or written instructions, transports material between various manufacturing facilities.
• Occasionally required to activate client system.
• Assists in annual inventory (Mandatory).
• Education/Experience: 0-2 yrs
• H.S. Diploma or equivalent
• Must have simple math skills.
• Must be able to read bills of lading, packing lists, etc.
• Must have valid client forklift driver’s license.
• The Material Handler be able to work in a sitting position 90% of the time.
• Computer familiarity is a plus.