• Senior RF 2G Optimization Engineer will be required to perform moderately difficult tasks that require limited judgment and requires minimum supervision (confer with technical leads on unusual problems).
• GSM: Lead RF design optimization activities for a GSM/WCDMA network using enterprise post-processing and KPI reporting application for cluster/market acceptance.
• The job requires performance of routine tasks with limited supervision in order to execute/follow specific instructions on required tasks with expected performance results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• The area of responsibility will generally cover, several of the following activities.
• Perform RF network planning and optimization activities.
• Responsible to resolve day-to-day issues and support regions to deliver KPI of every GSM/UMTS cluster.
• Implement GSM/UMTS optimization/acceptance plan, sponsor best practices, assess and escalate system issues to RAN, Core, Data design teams.
• Undertake network performance improvement (KPIs) and optimization tasks.
• Undertake BSS/RNC/Node B parameter modifications.
• Perform site build verification and acceptance.
• Site configuration analysis.
• IRAT neighbor analysis, parameter configuration, Pilot pollution analysis.
• Identify; resolve all coverage and RF design deficiencies.
Required Competencies and Skills:
• A minimum of 5 year work experience in RF Planning & Optimization for UMTS/GSM/EDGE.
• A minimum of 2 years good work experience on GSM Optimization on specific GSM equipment.
• Thorough understanding of RF ancillary equipment and function.
• Working knowledge of RAN Product.
• Knowledge and practice of planning and optimization processes.
• Knowledge and practice of RF planning tool and DT measurement tools.
• Good knowledge of 2G/3G KPI, practice in creating and analysis of statistical KPI reporting.
• Good 2G/3G RF network planning and optimization processes knowledge and experience.
• Solid problem solving and analytic skills.