• Performs tests and analysis according to established procedures in designated technical department
Job Handles Sputum Samples? No
• Answer telephones, maintain logs/records, organizational skills, proficiency with numbers, research information, time management, train employees, use computerized databases, written and verbal communications.
Machine: Personal computer.
• Speech clarity, utilization of fingers and hands, standing-remaining on one’s feet in an upright position, sitting-remaining in the normal seated position, handling-seizing, holding, grasping.
• Moderate physical effort (up to 30 pounds); must comply with applicable safety procedures.
Additional job duty (as assigned): (Hazardous Chemical Waste Management):
• Proper identification of known hazardous material in the work place.
• The knowledge of personal protection measures.
• The avoidance of accidents.
• The knowledge of hazardous waste characteristics, hazardous waste volume generation limits, accumulation limits, spill control measures, record keeping, proper handling and container management, labeling, container and storage inspection.
• Possible exposure to infection from disease-bearing specimens; regularly exposed to the risk of blood-borne diseases; must comply with applicable safety procedures.
• Far acuity-ability to see clearly at 20 feet or more; near acuity-ability to see clearly at 20 inches or less; depth perception-ability to judge distance and space relationships; color vision-ability to distinguish and identify different colors.
• This position requires a Medical Technologist Degree or equivalent and city/state licenses or permits to qualify as a Technologist w/1-3 years experience in a Clinical Laboratory.