• PST with a minimum of two years experience as a patient service technician/phlebotomist, and may qualify as a floater.
Skill and comprehension level required for this category:
• Phlebotomy certification (where required) from an accredited agency, completion of an approved phlebotomy training course, or equivalent experience through previous employment.
• Minimum of two years verifiable phlebotomy experience.
Exhibit proficiency in all of the following:-
• blood collection by venipuncture and capillary technique from patients of all age groups, urine drug screen collections, paternity collections, breath/saliva alcohol testing, LCM/Cyber Tools, TestCup, pediatric blood collections, difficult draws (patients in mental retardation facilities, long-term care facilities, drug rehabilitation facilities, prisons, psychiatric facilities, or similar facilities).
• Has comprehensive understanding of compliance and safety, and is able to effectively communicate the importance of compliance and safety to other employees.
• Possess the ability and skills necessary to provide orientation and training for patient service technicians.
• Answer telephones, maintain logs/records, organizational skills, proficiency with numbers, research information, time management, train employees, use computerized databases, written and verbal communications.
• Personal computer.
• Speech clarity, utilization of fingers and hands, standing-remaining on one’s feet in an upright position, sitting-remaining in the normal seated position, handling-seizing, holding, grasping.
• Moderate physical effort (up to 30 pounds); must comply with applicable safety procedures.
• Possible exposure to infection from disease-bearing specimens;
• regularly exposed to the risk of blood-borne diseases;
• Must comply with applicable safety procedures.
• Far acuity-ability to see clearly at 20 feet or more;
• near acuity-ability to see clearly at 20 inches or less;
• depth perception-ability to judge distance and space relationships;
• color vision-ability to distinguish and identify different colors.
• Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent w/2 years experience.
• Meet all state & local requirements for Phlebotomy.
• Normally requires a Valid Driver’s License along with a clean driving record.