||Java (J2EE) Application Developer
This is a J2EE application developer position, which involves the analysis, design, development, implementation and maintenance of Java (J2EE) applications. Specific duties include:
• Meets with users to analyze and evaluate system requirements; creates functional and technical specifications, including E/R diagrams; performs database design, producing physical schema diagrams; programs the application; participates in in-house and user testing and training; converts data from existing databases when applicable and documents, implements and maintains applications.
• Coordinates with and provides consulting services to Department staff regarding information systems development. Provides policy, procedures and application specific information to other developers when requested. Consults with administrators to propose solutions to information systems problems.
• Participates in the development of standards and in-house training materials for other program staff.
The Consultant must meet or exceed the following qualification requirements:
• 2+ years experience in Java Frameworks such as Struts/Tiles, Struts 2, Servlets/JSP, JPA/Hibernate
• 2+ years experience in XML, HTML and CSS
• Experience using Subversion and Maven 2
• Knowledge of relational and object-oriented database designs
• Knowledge of object-oriented design methodologies
• Knowledge of Information Systems Development Methodology (ISDM)
• Knowledge of database security, including role-based security
• Knowledge and experience with Unified Modeling Language (UML)
• Ability to be creative, to use sound judgment, and to display foresight to identify potential problems and design/specifications and assigned application software systems
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to determine work priorities and ensure proper completion of work assignments
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing