||Patch Propagation Tracking Tool (PPTT) Developer -
Develop plug-ins and gadgets that extend the capability of system.
• Responsible for developing plug-ins and gadgets that extend the capability of Jira.
• Develop interfaces to other tools like Gerrit, git, custom test tools, etc. using the Atlassian Plugin SDK 3.x
• Administer the PPTT instances on a day to day basis including performance tuning/scaling the instances.
• Create complex JIRA workflows including project workflows, screen schemes, permission scheme and notification schemes in PPTT.
• Communicate with the user community to understand the requirements and implement them.
• Possess a strong knowledge of continuous integration.
• Be self-motivated, positive and have the ability to work as part of a team as a strong team-player.
• Demonstrate ability to handle multiple, complex technical projects simultaneously.
• Ability to lead and provide technical assistance during major PPTT upgrades.
• Must possess knowledge to do migrations to PPTT from other defect tracking systems.
• Must possess knowledge to provide feedback and direction to teams requesting new features and process changes.
• Experience in developing Atlassian JIRA plugins and gadgets using the Atlassian Plugin SDK 3.x
• Ability to create complex JIRA workflows including project workflows, screen schemes, permission scheme and notification schemes in JIRA.
• Experience in using/extending REST Services provided by Atlassian.
• Experience in Tomcat Server Configuration/tuning and JVM performance tuning.
• Experience in UNIX administration and oracle database administration.
• Strong work experience in Core Java, XML, JSP and should have utilized this skill set in multiple projects.
• Experience with using Git & Gerrit in a development environment.
Key Programming Languages Desired:-
• Strong work experience in the following languages across multiple projects
• Core Java
• Just to reemphasize, the key skill set we are looking for is strong Java development skills for the JIRA position and Python development experience for the PPTT position.
• However, basic skills in Python and strong experience in PERL is also acceptable for the PPTT position. The selected candidate might work across both JIRA/PPTT tools, so any combination of the above skills is also acceptable.