||POSITION SUMMARY: Under general direction, this position is responsible for developing and executing functional test cases to ensure that the delivered solution meets project requirements and handles data in a predictable, error-free fashion.
• Develops and executes test cases based on user stories contained within an Agile Sprint
• Testing integration points between multiple systems
• Reviews project requirements to ensure requirements are testable
• Provides estimates on the amount of time needed to complete testing related tasks within a sprint
• Facilitates test case review sessions with other Agile team members
• Tracks test execution results within HP ALM/Quality Center
• Utilize HP ALM for tracking defects found during testing.
• Strong analytical skills to translate project requirements to appropriate test cases to ensure test coverage and traceability.
• Experience testing web services
• Experience tracking and resolving issues encountered in testing
• Experience working as a part of an Agile development team.
• Software test experience in developing test strategies, test cases and creating scripts
• Testing experience in a large scale relational database environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with HP/Mercury Tools: TestDirector and/or QualityCenter, or similar tools for test management
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or related field OR 4 years of relevant experience OR a combination of college education and relevant experience equivalent to 4 years in college
• Property and Casualty Insurance testing experience strongly preferred. (candidates without P&C will be considered as 2nd tier candidates)
• Guidewire experience
• This position requires the ability to sit for long periods, hear and converse over the telephone, and key frequently on a computer (4 or more hours per day).