||POSITION SUMMARY: The Instructional Developer will create materials grounded in sound educational theory and best practices in technology, while developing multimedia e-learning courses that may require development of classroom instructor led courses. Incumbents in this position are required to have thorough knowledge and understanding of the principles of adult and student learning and perform highly complex duties in instructional design.
• Model ethical behavior and execute job responsibilities in accordance with client's core values and ethics policies.
• Demonstrate thorough knowledge of adult learning concepts and industry-accepted models, including ADDIE and HPI.
• Analyze target audience, job task, learner environment, and existing content to identify appropriate instructional strategies and develop measurable learning objectives.
• Design and develop e-learning courses and/or learning modules using multimedia e-learning software that meet Shareable Content Object Reference Model (SCORM) requirements and sound instructional development strategies.
• Knowledge of SCORM and ASCI compliance requirements.
• Research existing and emerging technologies and best practices in the field of instructional design and training development; recommend for purchase new technology, software, and equipment to support instructional development; provide supporting budgetary information.
• Partner and coordinate with Subject Matter Expert (SME) in course design, curriculum development, and material creation.
• Create courses of instruction integrating the use of appropriate media (graphics, text, applications, audio, and video) to optimize learning using sound instructional design principles.
• Conduct media analysis to determine the most effective and efficient learning solution (e.g. WBT, blended, ILT, simulation, job aid, etc.)
• Design, develop, and oversee multimedia e-learning standards and processes.
• Develop course content and modify, as needed.
• Determine evaluation and assessment strategies.
• Develop and maintain training and learning management system materials, documentation, manuals, job-aids, quick-fact reference guides and other training aids used in classroom and e-learning courses to effectively deliver Clients’ services.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with diverse groups of people in a corporate environment
• Ability to design and develop multimedia e-learning and instructor led courses using sound instructional design methodologies.
• Advanced in the use and troubleshooting of e-learning authoring tools; such as Articulate Studio Professional ’09 (Presenter, Quizmaker, Engage), Captivate 6.0. Proficient in Lectora, Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks, and Photoshop CS5.1.
• Intermediate in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook); advanced in PowerPoint.
• Detail-oriented, self-starter, and self-motivator.
• Ability to work well independently with minimum supervision, setting priorities, and demonstrating excellent project management skills.
• Ability to work in a fast paced and creative environment.
• Advanced experience in designing and developing storyboards.
• Ability to travel approximately 25% of the time.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree OR 4 years relevant experience OR a combination of college education and relevant experience equivalent to 4 years
• 3 or more years hands-on experience in developing e-learning
• Experience in the integration of instructional materials such as video, graphics, animations, and interactive media elements into online courses
• Knowledge of principles of Adult Learning Thoery, ADDIE model, and Bloom’s taxonomy
• 5 or more years e-learning and classroom setting experience in instructional development
• Training evaluation and data analysis experience
• Property and casualty insurance experience a plus
• This position requires the ability to sit for long periods, hear and converse over the telephone, and key frequently on a computer (4 or more hours per day).