• This position develops and executes automated tests against new or modified applications and systems.
• This position works with a variety of groups across multiple departments to improve, streamline, integrate, and communicate the automated test activities across projects and release cycles.
• Model ethical behavior and execute job responsibilities in accordance with client's core values and ethics policies.
• Work as a member of the Test Automation Services team supporting the unit and lead.
• Promote automation testing processes, especially automating regression testing.
• Estimate efforts based on empirical experience and proven methods
• Assist in the automation development and maintenance
• Provide administration support for the test automation products
• Develop and executes automation test suites for projects and regular release cycles.
• Generate test results including gathering observations and metrics from other units.
• Prepare test data needed to support automated tests
• Communicate and tracks issues to closure
• Convey issues in a proper, timely and efficient manner to leads and management.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Knowledge of automation testing best practices and methodologies
• Ability to develop traditional testing artifacts including test plans and test scripts.
• Ability to organize material, analyze a wide variety of facts and develop appropriate recommendations.
• Strong qualitative and quantitative analysis skills
• Ability to communicate complex technical concepts and ideas in a simple and understandable business language
• Ability to deal with multiple projects at once including shifting priorities and direction
• Capable of learning new tools and programming languages with little formal training.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related technical field; OR a combination of college education and relevant work experience equivalent to 4 years of college.
• 4 or more years of relevant experience working in IT Quality Assurance or as a test automation developer of which 1 year of formal programming education OR 1 year of programming experience OR 1 year of experience developing automation test scripts using HP Quick Test Professional or similar automation tool
• 6 or more years relevant of experience working in IT Quality Assurance or as a test automation developer to include 3 years of formal programming education OR 3 years of programming experience OR 3 years of experience developing automation test scripts using HP Quick Test Professional or similar automation tool.
• Ability to effectively communicate with other team members
• High degree of people skills including relationship building
• Knowledge of web services, SOAP, SOA concepts
• Experience with web-based JAVA applications with large scale relational databases using DB2/SQL Server)
• Insurance industry related exposure especially in Property and Casualty Insurance.