Electronics Service & Repair Assembler I
• Ability to assemble electronic parts at floor stations
• Uses hand/power tools to assemble units
• Ability to complete soldering of components onto circuit boards (hand & machine soldering)
• Tests/Calibrates electronics parts/mechanisms
• Electro Static Discharge experience (wearing wrist band) or ability to be trained required
• Works under immediate supervision
• Familiar with Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma tools
• Able to solve problems that are operational in nature and clearly defined
• Follows detailed instructions on work assignments
• Supports achievement of business objectives: safety, delivery, quality, cost, productivity, inventory, and cycle time
• Supports cost reduction, quality, and productivity improvement projects
• Supports HOS Deployment
• Supports goal deployment & execution process (incl. metrics alignment)
• Familiarity with tools (screw & torque drivers)
• Able to perform Torquing (manual and/or using the driver)
• Ability to perform component installation
• Able to display Client behaviors: Coaching, Effective communicator, Leadership impact, Foster teamwork and diversity, engagement, leadership standardized work, accountability & ownership and champions change.
• High school diploma or GED
• 2 years of experience in electronics or in an electronics field area preferred.
• Computer skills; including but not limited to Microsoft Office, SAP, and data entry
• Ability to be trained on client Scanning and Mobility products
• Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
• Ability to lift up to 35 pounds.
• Ability to be trained on Products and Practices
• Acquires job skills and learns company policies and procedures
• Works in Electronics Service & Repair Center where utilization of machinery is common