||• Take lead role in IPDS design effort.
• Create layouts and detail designs of detail parts and assemblies for complicated designs.
• Ability to do packaging designs.
• Excellent 3-D modeler using best practices.
• Represent Power Generation engineering on cross-functional teams.
• Direct and coordinate the design within budget and schedule requirements.
• Select materials, process, and manufacturing methods.
• Investigate design and hardware issues and offer solutions.
• Coach and mentor junior staff and new hires.
• Must be a US Citizen or permanent resident
• Plan, manage, and execute multiple tasks effectively.
• Meet IPDS team goals (performance, budget, and schedule).
• Must know all design tools in Power Generation design group: Creo Elements/ Pro5 (Pro/Engineer or equivalent) and personal computer tools to increase efficiency.
• Create innovative design concepts to meet design, cost, and performance goals.
• Contribute ideas on cycle time reduction teams.
• Self-directed senior design engineer and works with minimum supervision.
• Innovative creative thinker and can offer multiple viable solutions to design problems.
• Experienced rotating machine designer, familiar with casting, machining, wire forming, joining, and finishing processes.
• Experienced in aerospace document preparation, revision, and release processes, familiar with configuration management requirements.
• In-depth understanding of Geometric Tolerancing Y14.5.
• Highly motivated person, able to work well in a team environment, and has demonstrated leadership.
• Requires a Bachelor of Science in Engineering plus 13 years minimum of experience in design of complex mechanical components.
• 4 years minimum of experience in the design tool: CEP5 and/or Pro/Engineer.