||• Medical Record Retrieval Specialist will spend their time traveling within their local city, county and region, as well as traveling to other states and markets on an as-needed basis.
• Scan medical records into a secure system so they may be reviewed by Client medical record coding staff for multiple issues.
• You will travel up to 90% of the time.
• This travel will consist of driving to locations close to your home.
• You will use a laptop computer and portable scanner to retrieve sections of medical records which will be uploaded into a database.
• You must be familiar with all aspects of a patient chart and the records in it to include progress notes, lab reports, radiology reports, etc.
• You must be motivated, and organized, as you will be dealing with scheduling visits to physician offices which should never be cancelled once made.
• Strong professional presentation skills.
• Excellent organizational skills required.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
• Excellent PC skills (including MS Word, Excel and Access) required.
• Personal transportation – must have own transportation (public transit not included).
• HS Diploma
• College degree, Medical coding exposure or experience.
• Willing to use personal cell phone for business
Key skills and knowledge:
• Knowledge of MS Products, knowledge of how to use a thumb drive, insurance or healthcare experience is desired, organized and dependable is a must, may have to use personal cell phone but it is not paid for, HS diploma required
• Business Casual – no jeans and no tennis shoes
• Record retrieval specialists need to have knowledge and expertise with medical records.
• They need to know the components of a medical record and be able to go to different parts of a chart and scan those records.
• Experience working with medical records is a plus.
• Records will be scanned into a portable scanner and laptop, so basic ability with a computer is a necessity.
• Candidates need to work in business casual dress and have no visible piercings, other than ears and no visible tattoos.
• No teeth grills.
• No inappropriate dress, with appearance to be neat and trim.
• No low-cut or overly tight clothing.
• Must be well spoken, and understandable should English be a second language.