||• Assembles fabricated parts at floor stations.
• Tests and calibrates parts and mechanisms to meet tolerances and product specifications.
• Uses hand tools and power tools to assemble units according to product specifications.
• Identifies units that fail tests or tolerance levels and repairs as necessary.
• Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent.
• May be required to complete an apprenticeship and/or formal training in area of specialty.
• Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
• Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
• Works under immediate supervision.
• Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
• Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
• Lifting is generally in the 10 to 15 Lbs. range with minimal repetitions.
• Exposure to machinery, chemical, biological, and physical risks is minimal.
• Performs a variety of duties in the electro-mechanical, mechanical or electronic area.
• May perform assembly operations from component level through end item integration.
• May use various hand tools such as Micrometers, calipers, soldering irons and other related production equipment.
• Use production documents and standard work to perform daily tasks as assigned.
• Responsible for meeting Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory and cost goals for the business.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES - Product Assembly:
Ability to use multiple hand tools, process and measuring equipment in the production of hardware
MAJOR ACTIVITIES – Training:
Obtain cross training in multiple areas to support site needs and goals
Mentoring and coaching of others on assembly techniques and processes
Training other Assemblers in assembly discipline and product knowledge.
Assignments are varied and require a high level of judgment and discretionary decision making.
Varied tasks are performed and completed through the use of knowledge-based experience in addition to following assembly work instructions and applying Client's policies and procedures.
Providing information and assistance on product workmanship failures, design issues, work instruction modifications.
SUPERVISION: Comply with detailed instructions on all work.
INTERACTION: Interacts with Team members, Workflow specialist’s, and other functional groups to ensure sound communication
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
• Requires a high school diploma with a minimum of 5-10 + years of experience.
• Have an understanding of assembly techniques and proficient use of general purpose hand tools and measuring equipment such as calipers and height gages.
• Ability to read and follows written procedures, and applies computer skills and technical knowledge to competently resolve technical problems.
• CANDIDATES MUST BE OF U.S. CITIZEN/PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS