||• Issue, schedule, assign and dispatch emergency and non-emergency service orders to appropriate field personnel for completion.
• This is done by using Computer Aided Dispatch System.
• Reviews completed service orders for accuracy.
• Receive and respond to customer inquiries and complaints in connection with various customer related matters involving new service requests, repair requests, meter change orders, ERT change orders and general customer account information.
• Effectively manage work in order for Yankee Gas to meet SQP metric in the area of Gas Leak Response, Service Appointments kept, Customer SAT and DPUC Complaints.
• Assists Gas Operations in the event of a Restoration effort.
• Runs Restoration Reports and logs streets affected by a possible outage.
• Operates and monitors a base radio station in compliance with FCC Regulations.
• Works closely with Meters & Service Supervisors in managing work-load for Meters & Service.
• First contact after-hours and weekends for Gas Operations.
• First notification for on-call personnel, M&S, Distribution, System and Media on-call personnel.
• Operate computer systems associated with Customer Service Work. (CCIS, Mobility and Click-Schedule)
• Must be able to make quick and accurate decisions without supervision at times.
• ONE PLUS YEARS OF RELATED EXPERIENCE - (DISPATCH, POLICE/FIRE/EMERGENCY 911, CRISIS HOT LINE, NATURAL GAS).
• Familiarity with CCIS (Customer Connection Information System).
• Candidates need to be flexible-all shifts may be required: 1st, 2nd & 3rd
• Demonstrated ability to provide effective work direction to appropriate field personnel and operate a computer terminal.
• A working knowledge of the Customer Service System and associated procedures and practices as they relate to the gas industry.
• Ability to operate a base radio.
• This is a Safety Sensitive position and subject to random drug
• There are numerous traits that a Dispatcher must possess in order to function well.
These traits include:-
• Ability to think quickly.
• Ability to work under stressful conditions.
• Clear Speech.
• Hearing accuracy.
• Ability to listen carefully.
• Ability to deal with the public and other agencies.
• Ability to remember oral and written instructions.
• Ability to sit for long periods of time.
• Ability to write clearly.
• Typing skills or keyboard familiarity.
• Ability to remain calm while dealing with frightened, hysterical or angry callers.