||• Plans and designs manufacturing processes in industrial plant.
• Maximizes efficiency by analyzing layout of equipment, workflow, assembly methods, and work force utilization.
• Determines parts and tools needed in order to achieve manufacturing goals according to product specification.
• Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering and 0-2 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
• Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
• Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
• Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
• Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
• The Product Engineer is the ISC identified technical lead with responsibility for product and process improvement.
• This position focuses on product quality and yield improvements within site operations and will be engaged on multiple projects to reduce risk of poor quality and late delivery to customers.
• This is accomplished by implementing Process Control Planning and Execution (PCPX), and by reducing variation in internal manufacturing, assembly, test, and inspection processes using Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing tools.
• This position works collaboratively with site operations and technical support teams to advance the maturity of the Client Operating System (Client) with emphasis on Built in Quality implementation for product / work cells.
• Identify and analyze product issues and improvement opportunities to increase yield and eliminate quality defects. Plan, deploy, monitor, and control these improvements including driving product and process improvement results. Support customer quality improvement plans and manage progress to plan.
• Coordinate functional interactions such as quality assurance, operations AME, and supplier development as part of product and process improvement teams. Ensure technical compliance with product design definition and manufacturing process / work instructions.
• Lead Technical deep dives on identified projects utilizing our Six Sigma and DFM analysis tools to derive Root Cause and Corrective action implementation required to address these issues.
• Requires High School diploma or GED
• 5 years experience in Electrical or Mechanical Manufacturing or Quality Engineering.
• Must be a US Citizen or permanent resident due to ITAR restrictions.
• Bachelors degree in Engineering or related technical field preferred.
• Understanding and use of SEM/EDX machines.
• Solid understanding of manufacturing techniques and their impact on costs including continuous improvement. Able to make decisions to positively impact the operations.
• Knowledge, skill and experience with wide range of manufacturing processes
• Possesses financial acumen, understands business metrics and how to impact results
• Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate project status and program needs across different levels of the organization and different operating environments
• Able to deal tactfully and confidently with internal customers at all organizational levels
• Proficient in project management skills with the ability to close initiatives on time and within budget
• Results focused with successful record of accomplishments through skilled use of influence, persuasion, negotiation, and problem resolution.
• Green Belt or DFSS certification (or equivalent) required within 6 months. Current blackbelt and Lean certification a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to apply six sigma and lean manufacturing tools. Solid understanding of quality improvement principles and tools such as Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA).
• Proven problem solving competence, with the ability to drive solutions to assigned tasks utilizing a proactive approach to problem solving. Track record of achieving results in challenging assignments.
• Ability to be a 'change agent' and lead execution of continuous improvement projects/initiatives. Strong organizational skills with project management experience.
• Working knowledge of SAP and Client where applicable.