• Reporting to the Project Director, the successful candidate will be the main interface to the supplier companies that provide subcontracted services to the deployment effort.
• Working with business units in addressing crew readiness, competence, certification, change management, service delivery quality & safety.
• Promote, plan and direct the project quality achievement and performance.
• The Supplier Quality Manager will be responsible for coordinating all supplier related activities in their region as well as coordination with the National team.
• Ensure the suppliers have sufficient crews available to meet the plan.
• Communicate the latest forecasts published by the Project Managers to the suppliers to ensure adequate ramp.
• Provide status on crew volumes and supplier ability to deliver against the schedule.
• Log and track crew competence in line with the SEC training Manager.
• Ensure adequate supplier supervision.
• Coordinate quality audits and supplier reviews.
• Maintain accurate records on all change requests utilizing IPM CR database.
• Gain weekly conformation that all CR’s are 100% up to date.
• Negotiate and settle all outstanding change requests in line with LOA approvers
• Ensure suppliers meet all quality directives in line with Client’s standards.
• Manage version control of DWI’s & MOP’s in use by suppliers.
• Formulate and manage the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures and systems pertaining to the quality execution of the project (including but not limited to hardware, software, service deliverables, contractor deliverables, communication, knowledge base and documentation).
• Ensure full alignment of quality objectives in meeting customer project expectations.
• Track and report quality performance indicators per Contractual agreements.
• Partner with our Logistics, Procurement, Communications, Reporting, Data Management and Financial Management streams to ensure quality plans and Program level quality are in place.
• Ensure suppliers meet all necessary safety obligations.
Education & Experience or Other Requirements:
• 8-10+ years of Wireless technology experience with at least 3-5 of these years in a management role.
• Broad experience in developing detailed plans to support multiple projects as part of a National Program, coupled with a Global Delivery model.
• Ability to influence and partner across groups and teams, external companies, and organizations.
• Extensive experience with Program/Project financial forecasting, reporting and management.
• Extensive experience with a proven track record of managing Change Control with an emphasis on minimizing non-sellable work.
• IPM: Documentation and Quality modules.
• Ability to travel extensively (approximately 30% of working time).
• Excellent written and verbal English skills.
• Knowledge of quality methodologies specific to service deployments.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, Access