||An important role as a Design Quality Assurance Engineer in ECC’s DQA Team, protecting Client’s reputation as a supplier of high quality products and solutions.
This team is responsible for implementing robust design assurance reviews and final approvals of all new product introduction (NPI) designs the development teams produce for our premier high volume, low cost thermostats, energy management devices, indoor air quality devices and other microprocessor-based control devices for the residential and light commercial environmental controls markets.
You will have a major role working with design teams to standardize quality assurance test procedures and plans that ensure product quality. In this role, you will design, review, and approve design analysis test reports produced by a team of test technicians located around the world, introducing efficiency improvements such as test automation and standardization.
• Provide leadership, technical work review, direction, and mentoring for local and global product and system test resources in the development of standardized reusable test plans, test beds, and schedules.
• Work closely with product development engineers and Project Managers to ensure full coverage of requirements, abnormal usage scenarios not covered by requirements and accurate schedule estimates.
• Track and report defect creation and resolution to determine qualification status and approvals stability.
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical / Computer Engineering or related discipline
• Minimum 5 years experience in well established Design Assurance / test environment
• Experience with testing HVAC controls equipment or related controls equipment
• Experience with national and international standards for design assurance testing (IEN, IEEE, etc)
• Experience in developing, reviewing, and approving test plans / test protocols / final test reports
• Able to provide technical leadership for all Quality Assurance deliverables defined by the test plan
• Preferred 10 years experience in well established Design Assurance / test environment
• Sound knowledge and experience related to Verification and Validation of single use devices as well as complex electromechanical systems
• Embedded real-time software /hardware testing and/or development background
• Excellent problem solving skills, self-motivation, leadership, and team orientation
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with global design centers with proven results in developing quality work products on time
• Experience in a large multinational organization with a cross-functional structure
• Customer and quality focused
• Self-motivated, able to support multiple projects