||• This position is responsible for a variety of professional-level engineering-responsibilities, and requires advanced knowledge of engineering discipline, processes, and tools.
• The engineer must interact with internal customers and mentor lower-level engineers in order to facilitate the completion of designs to customer specifications.
• The engineer will be responsible for planning and executing project subtasks in order to meet customer specifications (for design, testing, etc).
• This position requires the individual to develop design concepts, layouts, 3D models, and detailed drawings for part/assembly manufacturing.
• He/she will conduct project status and design reviews, and defend technical positions.
• This job requires interface with vendors and suppliers to ensure product and project compliance.
• The engineer may help to develop and define engineering processes in the COE.
• He/she will establish and apply methodology and recommend enhancements to advance projects and processes, and identify and propose technical improvements using engineering knowledge and principals.
• Bachelors Degree in Engineering or a related field or equivalent experience and 5-8 years of experience.
• U.S.A. citizen.
• Ability to work as part of a team, partner with a lab engineer, and have a strong bias for action.
• This includes the ability to help customers set requirements and perform reviews to meet schedule.
• Experience in Aerospace and Mechanical Testing.A constant focus on safety and a willingness to follow standard processes.
• Ability to design mechanical systems (such as test stands, vibration fixtures, lifting devices, pneumatic/ducting systems, piping systems, and test facilities).
• Familiarity with Facility equipment and test/industry process involving pneumatics, hydraulics, pressure/vacuum, and combined environmental chambers is a plus.
• A working knowledge of the following CAD software for 3-D designs: NX and AutoCAD.
• Ability to configuration-manage and release designs using Teamcenter.
• Ability to perform basic mechanical analysis (beams, torsion bars. flat plates), including stress analysis, and knowledge of material properties and the welding of metals.
• A firm grasp of ANSI Y14.5 Geometric Tolerancing.
• Experience working virtually with a global team.
• Flexible and able to meet outside of normal 1st-shift work hours to meet with global team members.
• Willing and able to mentor less experienced engineers, including engineers based in developing markets.
• Willing to multi-task and work professional overtime to meet schedule commitments.
• Prefer Six Sigma Greenbelt certification.