||• The position is responsible for guiding, designing, configuring and delivering successful software solutions, and coordinating and managing such deployments.
• The Senior Configuration Developer has hands-on technical leadership responsibility for configuring data, user interface, and business logic according to business requirements for system enhancement projects.
• The Configuration Developer works in a highly collaborative project team environment that includes project and/or release managers, customer business analysts and end users, developers, database analysts, quality assurance testers and trainers.
• Model ethical behavior and execute job responsibilities in accordance with client core values and ethics policies
• Lead a broad range of activities including: research, analysis, solutions design, estimating, configuration/development, testing, triage, mentoring, process improvement, etc.
• Lead discovery meetings with customer Business Analysts (BA’s) and representatives and gathers documentation related to business processes, functional requirements and workflows for mid- to large-scale system development projects
• Interface with other IT areas and business customers throughout the software development lifecycle
• Produce Technical Requirement and Design Documentation for new development efforts and system enhancement and maintenance efforts
• Configure screen layouts, business rules, data model changes, workflow, insurance product structures, form and letter templates
• Configure operational parameters such as roles and permissions, user attributes, etc.
• Create and manage sample data
• Manage the overall application configuration and merging it with new releases
• Develop, execute and review unit test plans and results
• Lead quality assurance testers and performance testers by reviewing, analyzing, providing feedback and debugging for functional and non-functional test plans and scripts
• Lead impact analysis for system enhancement requests, and create estimates for implementation.
• Mentor less experienced configuration developers
• Lead regular code reviews
• Research and evaluate relevant technologies and present alternative solutions
• Contribute to ongoing enhancements of development standards
• Lead the implementation of configuration changes across all SDLC phases
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks, work in a collaborative team environment, understand and be responsive to project and customer needs, and work under tight deadlines
• Ability to provide assistance to team members in the design, development, and implementation of business solutions
• Ability to interface with other IT teams or business customers to provide technical expertise in both verbal and written form
• Comprehensive and in-depth knowledge of the software development lifecycle and the principles, concepts, and theories of software development techniques and systems design including object-oriented analysis and design
• Ability to recognize, analyze, and determine solution design alternatives and communicate the alternatives in both written and verbal form to peers and management
• Ability to take ownership and be proactive in problem resolution action to correct problem areas under tight project timelines and under critical production support situations
• Ability to guide and mentor less experienced configuration developers
• Knowledge of Service Oriented Architectures (SOA), Java, web services and related technologies
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field OR combination of college education and relevant work experience equivalent to 4 years of college education.
• Six or more years experience implementing software solutions, including at least one year experience leading other developers.
Four or more years experience with the following:
• Debugging software issues
Experience with at least one of the following:
• Guidewire’s scripting language (GScript or Gosu)
• Thunderhead Document Production Software
• Ephesoft Document Capture Software
• Oracle Insbridge Rating Software
Experience working as a part of an Agile development team.
• Eight or more years experience implementing software solutions, including at least one year experience leading other developers.
• Experience with Thunderhead Admin, Business Content Studio and Business Objects Studio
• Experience with Guidewire applications and data structures
• Experience developing web applications for the insurance industry
• Experience with Perforce Configuration Management Software
• Property & Casualty insurance experience
• This position requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, hear and converse over the telephone, and key frequently on a computer (4 or more hours per day).
• The difference between the positions is number of years of experience.
• Configuration Developer ll - 4-6 years of experience and Senior Configuration Developer 8 + years of experience.