The person in this position will serve as both a web application administrator and engineer:
• Design and implementation of websites through WebSphere Application Server
• Deployment of enterprise applications
• Configurations of individual applications and application server settings
• Clustering (vertical & horizontal) understanding
• WebSphere Application and Administrative Security
• In-depth configuration experience;
• Continually monitor and tune application infrastructure to assure optimal performance, availability and utilization of resources.
• Respond proactively to alerts monitoring website performance and availability while quickly implementing resolutions to avoid and/or reduce outage durations.
• Provide support and troubleshooting to resolve issues impacting application operations and administer root cause analysis for each.
• Engineer and deploy releases, enhancements, and upgrades or new applications throughout non-production and production environments.
• As needed for new infrastructure, install and configure middleware and custom/vendor application software to build new environments.
• Maintain thorough knowledge of application design and engineering principles and applications within team's portfolio.
• Provide technical solutions to automate processes or functions to improve business operations.
• Develop corresponding operations and support procedures for application operations.
• After hours support is required as part of a team based 24x7 on-call rotation.
General IT Experience:-
• OS - Strong Linux administration skills.
• Proven ability to write shell scripts and familiarity with scripting languages (Python, Perl).
• Understanding of Domain Management; (Active Directory, NIS, LDAP)
• Network and Firewall Understanding
-Load Balancers/Content Switches (virtual ip's, services, ACL's).
-capturing tcp dumps.
Skill Required / Desired:-
• Design and implement websites through WebSphere Application Server Required 3 Years.
• Configurations of individual applications and application server settings through WebSphere Required 3 Years.
• WebSphere Application and Administrative Security Required 3 Years.
• Apache (installation and in-depth configuraton exp. i.e. Virtual Host, SSL, WebSphere Plugin, Rewrite rules) Required 3 Years.
• Web Administration Required.
• Linux Required 5 Years.
• Work related experience Required 8 Years.
Detail oriented, attentive, jovial, willingness to succeed, communicative, team player, great attitude