Responsibilities will be to perform the following design and development activities for the Digital Radio Frequency Module (DRFM) a sub-assembly of MCS7000 Avionics SATCOM product line.
• Responsible for designing and developing DRFM with a cross functional team.
• Perform detailed analysis and design of RF circuits and subsystems including LNAs, mixers, filters, VCOs, PLLs, modulators, power amplifiers, variable attenuators, high speed ADCs and DACs, Low noise clock generation and distribution, and RF transitions.
• Perform noise figure, intermediation distortion and mixer spurious analysis.
• Identify, design, and implement cost reduction improvements to existing hardware systems.
• Provide engineering design documentation for RF components, prototype circuits and subsystems.
• Provide RF Engineering leadership to a small team of intermediate engineers and technicians.
• Assist product teams performing design verification tests for subsystems to ensure compliance with certification requirements.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering
• 10+ years of engineering experience in a design and manufacturing environment
• Must be a US citizen or permanent resident alien due to export control requirements.
• MSEE a plus
• Previous experience with software programmable radio architecture and design is a must have.
• Experience with Modem architecture and design.
• Experience with schematic capture tools such as Mentor DxDesigner.
• Experience using high frequency simulation tools including Microwave Office, ADS, Designer (Serenade), or Eagleware.
• Also versed in 2D and 3D EM simulation tool application.
• Understand subsystem requirements, subsystem architecture, and specifications, and subsystem performance impact on the integrated system.
• Experience with system and software requirements definition and documentation
• Experience with the mechanics and subtlety’s of RF/microwave PCB layout.
• Strong RF troubleshooting skills and familiarity with RF test equipment such as network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, etc.
• Understanding of avionics hardware requirements, qualification, and certification (for example DO-160, DO-254)
• Experience with Microsoft Office tool suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong leadership, interpersonal relationship and ability to lead small teams
• Project Engineering skills including familiarity with MS Project and program management metrics such as CPI/SPI
• Ability to work in a cross-functional, globalized team environment.