||• Systems Electrical Engineer with motor control/power electronics exp preferred.
• Responsible for systems electrical engineering tasks for Electric Drive electrical engineering projects.
• Performs systems engineering tasks and works to complete projects as assigned by manager.
• Works with systems design, analysis and electrical engineers.
• Requires an electrical engineering bachelor’s degree and 4 - 6 years of experience in systems, electrical or in a related engineering area.
• Familiar with a variety of systems and electrical engineering concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Performs a variety of electrical engineering tasks.
• A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
• Reports to one of the Power Generation Technical Managers.
• Direct supervisor may be remote or local.
• Perm Resident or US Citizenship required for Export Control.
• The Systems Engineer will be analyzing the power path of the input side of the motor controller power conversion from supplied variable frequency to a DC-Link voltage.
• This analysis will include the dynamics of filtering and harmonics as well as other dynamics of the power path circuitry.
• The Engineer will also support design of the magnetic components to accomplish minimum weight and meet all electrical requirements.
• They will also need to work with low cost suppliers to arrive at a manufacturable design.
• In conjunction with the design analysis, the engineer will need to communicate the design requirements to the mechanical design team for drawing generation.
• Then the testing phase with development testing and verification of performance and all requirements prior to qualification.
• In addition, the engineer will support design reviews and numerous meetings with internal and external customers.