• organization is looking for a candidate with strong performance testing and automation background.
• This position offers opportunities for project control oriented, independent-minded technology enthusiasts who want to exercise technical expertise in IT and telecommunications broadband network technologies.
• Needs to understand customer video operations and devise load and stress strategies to ensure product meets customer performance and sizing requirements.
Specific scope of responsibilities includes but not limited to:
• Designing test strategies to measure system performance against sizing requirements and to expose system bottlenecks
• Write, automate, and execute performance/scaling test cases
• Analyzing potential performance bottlenecks
• Stage simulated production data and prepare the performance lab environment for testing.
• Writing tools to simulate Load traffic models and any monitoring tools as needed.
• Troubleshoots the system for performance testing failures and effectively communicate and resolve and test with Core Product Engineering Teams
Required Experience and Skills:
• 3 years relevant work experience.
• Good scripting skills in at least one common language (Python, Perl, Shell).
• Highly proficient in a Unix/Linux environment
• Experience testing Java web applications and associated technologies ( XML, HTML, HTTP/S and Web Services / SOAP protocol)
Preferred Experience and Skills:
• Strong exposure to performance testing concepts and end-to-end performance web performance measures (server response time, throughput, network latency, etc.)
• Strong analytical test design/test planning and technical trouble shooting skills, especially in the areas of load and performance testing.
• Experience with configuring and executing load tests with Tsung load tool
• Experience with IBM Websphere WAS and WPS
• Programming skills in Java and/or Erlang
• Software design experience.
• Experience with relational database systems (especially Oracle)
• Experience in designing and executing system performance tests and in working with sizing models to predict whether a system will meet the expected load .