The Pure Metals Operator performs a variety of job duties associated with the Traditional Pure Metals group. Operates production equipment and process lines to include: forging, casting/melting, refining, baking, chemical etching, and zone refining.
Packages finished materials for shipment to customer, and performs computer transactions associated with production reporting and shipping of product.
• Casting, melting, processing, and refining products associated with the Traditional Pure Metals product line (may include Boron Oxide, refining of tin, silver, or copper, and/or casting and melting pure metals.
• Collection, statistical interpretation and analysis of process data to aid product development and improve quality standards.
• Conduct chemical analysis as required to ensure product meets quality standards.
• Inspect and package parts to customer requirements.
• Maintain documents and records to ensure close material balance and material quality and for constant productivity improvement.
• Maintenance and cleaning of any and all mechanical line components.
• Move scrap to appropriate disposal stations.
• Take various measurements of product before and after parts have passed through the process.
• Lift/carry up to 40 lbs with or without assistance
• Work involves regular standing and walking, bending and reaching.
• Must have a high school diploma or GED
• One year manufacturing experience required