• Engineers perform a full range of technical work including assignments on Advanced Technology development programs from Technology Readiness Level 1 (concept development) through Technology Readiness Level 6 (advanced prototypes validated in a relevant system environment).
Initial responsibilities will include:-
• Fuel system architecture definition.
• Operational requirements development.
• Support a cross-functional team in design, analysis and manufacturing activities.
• Support internal design reviews.
• Support customer design reviews and technical interchange meetings.
• Interface with Procurement personnel and suppliers in the manufacture of prototype hardware.
• Write development test plans, and develop test procedures in collaboration with Lab engineers and technicians.
• Oversee development testing and data analysis.
• Document test results and write test reports.
• Communicate progress, status, metrics, risks and plans to cross-functional team and management.
• Conduct monthly and quarterly program reviews.
Additional responsibilities may include:-
• Develop project plans, including schedules, cost estimates, risk management and mitigation
• Support the earned value management system in collaboration with Program Planning & Control personnel
• Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent technical degree. Advanced degree a plus.
• Minimum of 5 years experience in the development of fuel systems for Aerospace use.
• Piston pump experience is desirable.
• Skilled in using Microsoft software tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Word)
• Due to export requirements, must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident
• Engineer/Scientist with ability to develop creative and innovative concepts for aerospace fuel systems.
• Experience in new product development, qualification/certification and transition to production.
• Ability to translate customer requirements into system, product and component requirements.
• Ability to perform engineering trade studies.
• Relevant experience in proposal preparation, project management and new business development is desirable.
• Ability to identify risks early and develop swift and effective corrective action plans.
• Proven track record of meeting technical, schedule and budget commitments while satisfying internal and external customers.
• Action-oriented, self-starting approach with ability to decompose overall goals into detailed action plans.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Self-motivated, empowered, team player.
• Strong leadership, interpersonal, presentation, written and oral communication skills.
• Able to positively influence others, and resolve conflicts quickly and tactfully.