- Achieve shift/department safety, quality, productivity and cost objectives.
- Focus on internal and external customers.
- Expected to perform all duties necessary to operate equipment in their area.
- Must be able to document all required daily production information.
- Expected to follow and maintain ISO/Safety/cGMP policies/procedures for the area.
- Must work with a team focus to minimize machine downtime and maximize productivity.
- Will be required to cross-train into other Capran Emblem areas as necessary.
- Perform routine housekeeping duties to maintain the cleanliness of the work area
- Other duties as defined by supervisor/manager.
Key Success Factors :
- Achieve results in a team-based, six sigma environment.
- Ability to work safely and independently with a strong focus on the continuous operation of the department.
- Perform all duties necessary to safely operate equipment in designated area.
- Participate in ISO and team initiatives.
- Successfully cross train in the extrusion area.
Qualifications/ Attributes/Skills Required/Sought Technical :
- Technically competent - ability to operate main and auxiliary equipment.
- Familiarity with computers.
- Supports continuous improvement.
- Ability to complete work in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist in minor maintenance as necessary.
- Consistent, positive behavior.
- Team player (works well with others, promotes teamwork among peers).
- Flexible (willing to cross-train into new areas).
- Ability to work independently.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job including lifting, bending, twisting, stepping.
- High-school diploma or GED required.
- Must have a good work record
- The machinery operated includes; Extruders, Slitting Machines, Recycle Machines, Pellet Extruders. Workers will also perform packaging functions
- Some machines are PLC touch screen control, some are manual controls, and all require manual labor for loading, unloading and data entry. The worker must do the set up, cleaning, trouble shooting.
- Responsible for some mechanical work as far as assembly and disassembly and cleanout and must learn all procedures, required JSA and proper PPE to wear during operation.
- All workers are certified on forklift and will be required to perform occasional forklift task.