||Experience Level - 0 - 3 Years
• Functions as a single point of contact to coordinate and provide an interface for one or more projects.
• Will be responsible for up front involvement regarding intervals, project deliverables, and project support services.
• Ensure execution of key milestones/deliverables to facilitate on time delivery of preload applications.
• Recognize potential problem areas against the project plan and identify and implement alternative strategies.
• Effectively identify opportunities for efficiency improvement and/or best practice application for program development and execution.
• Participate in operations process development and deployment.
• Interfaces and communicates with various organizational levels, including senior management.
• Develop and maintain timelines for PM tasks including, but not limited to, status of legal documents, application status, project milestones, hardware requirements, application testing, issues/risks, etc.
• Responsible for weekly program summary and communication, highlighting program status and resolution plans.
• Initiate and lead weekly team meetings with core program participants.
• Communicate key outputs and next steps from meeting.
• Drive and monitor on time test completion.
• Drive to closure or escalate issues, gaps and risks.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and/or Marketing from an accredited college or university, and/or experience in Product Management, Sales or Business development.
• Product Management represents the most granular level of Product Line P&L Accountability and Management within the product generation group of the Mobile Computing Division.
• The department manages the Product Life-Cycle of the Enterprise offering from Product Definition to End of Life Management.
Scope of responsibilities/Expectations:
• The Associate Product Manager will be mentored and co-lead with a Senior product manager to manage a segment of the product offering.
• Portfolio Management.
• Define the relative positioning, strength and weakness of the current portfolio.
• Help the sales and outbound marketing team understand the value of the offering, and define plans to improve the success and the performance of the portfolio.
• Will involve management of the SKU offering, introduction, or retraction of products based on their potential and performance.
• Revenue and Margin Management .
• Track the revenue and margin trend of the portfolio.
• Reach the revenue objective per the plan defined in strategic planning the previous year.
• Define for the next year the growth and margin objectives for the segment.
• Product Line Experts.
• Develop the Peripherals team into being a reference for the Solutions market, competition and Client's offering.
• Ensure availability to our sales team of the best information and support them to sell Client's value at the best price.
• Ensure that the reference information is accurate, and available to sales and customers.
• Review and analysis of one application for the Enterprise products
Portfolio presentation to partners and major customers, with feedback on the strength of the offering.
• Implement a habit of meeting some key partners on a regular basis.
Must understand the target markets and customers and have the ability to translate market/ customer requirements into product features.
• Successful candidate must have the ability to discern between real product/ market needs and specific customer needs.
• Successful candidate must have the ability to continually manage the program queue, establish and modify priorities and define new products/ new embedded software releases to achieve overall business objectives.
• Successful candidate will manage product enhancements and costs throughout the life of the product.
• Successful candidate must possess the knowledge of business fundamentals and cost accounting.
• This includes the ability to understand the impact of products on our customers' business and to articulate this impact by creating a business case with cost/ benefit analysis.
• Finally, the successful candidate will have strong presentation skills, as well as, excellent written and verbal communication skills.