• Prepares laboratory specimens for designated departments/locations prior to laboratory analysis and testing.
• Unpacks specimens from branches or ports and routes specimens by type to various staging areas.
• Prepares all specimens received for testing in designated laboratory departments or locations such as staging of specimens, centrifuge, separate serum, and blood smears.
• Aliquots sample for departments.
• Prepares excess specimen samples for storage and resolves and document problem specimens.
• Administrative: Answer telephones, maintain logs/records, organizational skills, proficiency with numbers, research information, time management, train employees, use computerized databases, written and verbal communications.
• Machine: Personal computer.
• Speech clarity, utilization of fingers and hands, standing-remaining on one’s feet in an upright position, sitting-remaining in the normal seated position, handling-seizing, holding, grasping.
• Moderate physical effort (up to 30 pounds); must comply with applicable safety procedures.
Additional job duty (as assigned):
• (Hazardous Chemical Waste Management) Proper identification of known hazardous material in the work place.
• The knowledge of personal protection measures.
• The avoidance of accidents.
• The knowledge of hazardous waste characteristics, hazardous waste volume generation limits, accumulation limits, spill control measures, record keeping, proper handling and container management, labeling, container and storage inspection.
• Normally a High School Diploma or equivalent w/1-2 years of experience.