||• Candidate must be able to perform initial conceptual design, and perform detailed design to see the project through to completion.
• This person will be assigned a number of specific capital projects, and may assist other engineers on other capital projects.
• Will carry out assignments involving all aspects of the application, design, and documentation of transmission protection and control systems.
• Included are the detailed design and procurement of new and modified systems, along with the calculation of related settings.
• Responsibilities will also include fault studies, development and maintenance of electrical system data, and teleprotection channel application.
• Typical assignments include the application of numerical protective systems and devices, and substation SCADA and automation equipment.
• Candidate must have a power engineering background, have strong analytical/computer skills, be familiar with digital protection, control, and communications concepts, and possess an aptitude for detailed engineering.
• A Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering is required.
• Fifteen or more years of directly related protection and controls engineering experience are required.
Specific Experience/Background Should Include the Following:
• A working knowledge of protection and controls engineering practices and procedures.
• A working knowledge of protection and controls terminology and equipment.
• Proficiency in the use of image software applications (particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access).
• Proficiency in the use of vendor specific software for relay records (Prefer SEL, ABB and GE-UR).