||PST with a minimum of two years experience as a patient service technician/phlebotomist, and may qualify as a floater.
Skill and comprehension level required for this category:
• Phlebotomy certification (where required) from an accredited agency, completion of an approved phlebotomy training course, or equivalent experience through previous employment.
• Minimum of two years verifiable phlebotomy experience.
• Exhibit proficiency in all of the following: blood collection by venipuncture and capillary technique from patients of all age groups, urine drug screen collections, paternity collections, breath/saliva alcohol testing, LCM/Cyber Tools, TestCup, pediatric blood collections, difficult draws (patients in mental retardation facilities, long-term care facilities, drug rehabilitation facilities, prisons, psychiatric facilities, or similar facilities).
• Has comprehensive understanding of compliance and safety, and is able to effectively communicate the importance of compliance and safety to other employees.
• Possess the ability and skills necessary to provide orientation and training for patient service technicians.
Job Handles Sputum Samples? No
• Administrative: Answer telephones, maintain logs/records, organizational skills, proficiency with numbers, research information, time management, train employees, use computerized databases, written and verbal communications.
• Machine: Personal computer.
• Speech clarity, utilization of fingers and hands, standing-remaining on one’s feet in an upright position, sitting-remaining in the normal seated position, handling-seizing, holding, grasping.
• Moderate physical effort (up to 30 pounds); must comply with applicable safety procedures.
• Possible exposure to infection from disease-bearing specimens; regularly exposed to the risk of blood-borne diseases; must comply with applicable safety procedures.
• Far acuity-ability to see clearly at 20 feet or more; near acuity-ability to see clearly at 20 inches or less; depth perception-ability to judge distance and space relationships; color vision-ability to distinguish and identify different colors.
• Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent w/2 years experience.
• Meet all state & local requirements for Phlebotomy.
• Requires a Valid Driver’s License along with a clean driving record.
• Must have recent high volume phlebotomy experience on patients of all ages.
• Must pass data entry test with 3000 ksph and less than 10% error rate on two or fewer tries.