Under general leadership,
• Develops plans, schedules and reports for the Power Delivery Substation and Transmission capital projects.
• Communicates with various project teams and other internal work groups (Generation related and/or Engineering) for scheduling outages, equipment, work activities, labor hours, labor cost and material cost for both internal and contract resources coordinating the services of the project team to meet construction deadlines.
• Maintains familiarity with the system operations areas interfacing with the various projects underway.
• Responsible for research and development of work breakdown structure (WBS) and the overall effectiveness of the Primavera (P6) scheduling system as well as the WebPM functionality.
• Monitors and facilitates the scheduling process from both long and short term perspective to assure that capital project portfolio goals are met.
• Maximizes the efficiency of the work force through the scheduling process.
o Provides substantial input into the budget and forecast of capital projects for labor hours/dollars, material quantities/dollars, and financial data.
o Coordinates shared resource activities over multiple projects.
• Provides reports, research, and problem solving skills for various groups on multiple projects.
• Provides analytical insight into project risks, risk thresholds, labor requirements, and financial targets.
• Provides direct support to Project Managers and department heads with information obtained from schedule updates and financial data.
• Advises Project Manager of schedule conflicts, outage limitations and associated risks.
• Manages scope, cost, and schedules by participating as an active project team member, developing project schedules, developing project cash flow, reviewing project cost estimates, developing project management plans, entering project budgeting information, and coordinating project funding updates and budget transfers with finance staff
• Reports on status and financial matters by developing and updating project reports detaining status, cost, and schedule, assisting project managers by providing up to date project cost and forecast information, and assisting division staff with reports and information as necessary.
• 4-year degree in business, accounting, economics, engineering, or equivalent
• 5 - 7 years related work experience in project planning and scheduling for T&D line and substation projects using Primaver software V5 through V6.2.
• Valid driver’s license
• Demonstrated advanced MS Excel skills required
• Demonstrated excellent communication skills, and strong conceptual and analytical skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with recurring deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously requiring strict adherence to schedules.
• Demonstrated experience in the operations of or construction of electric facilities related to electric substations and T&D lines
• PMI Certification desired.
• Demonstrated experience leading teams and presentation skills desired.
• Demonstrated experience in current financial budgeting and/or Business Objects financial reporting processes.