||• Part of core development team.
• Work with Client's Industrial Design and ODM partner for mechanical layout, CMF (color, material, finish) and ME design for product.
• Create test validation matrix, ensure all testing is completed and required performance is met.
• Responsible to make sure it meets all design, PS&C and Quality targets.
• Play a key engineering role within an exciting and challenging multi-functional development team.
• Develop electronic packaging utilizing 3D models, prototypes and simulations in conjunction with partner ODM mechanical engineers.
• Work within cross functional development team to ensure product meets feature, schedule and quality goals.
• Create product specifications, test or supervise testing and qualify final product assemblies to high quality standards.
• Work with ODM engineers for optimized design, tooling and manufacturing.
• Collaborate with Tooling, DFM and other experts for design reviews and to ensure high quality designs.
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering with 3+ years of experience in mechanical design and development and high volume manufacturing.
• Experience with product development and manufacturing within an ODM development and manufacturing model.
• Design experience in consumer electronic packaging;
• Experience with consumer power supplies, portable power products and cables is a plus.
• Proficiency in 3D solid modeling using Pro-Engineer software.
• Good understanding of plastic injection molding and the mechanical characteristics of polycarbonate and ABS material.
• Experience with FEA, FMEA, DFM, Cause and Effect Analysis.
• Excellent verbal as well as written communication skills and the ability to perform in a team environment.
• Innovative problem solving with the ability to collaborate across functions and partners.
• Ability to speak Mandarin a plus.
• There is a very good chance that this will be extended through the end of the year, but there are no guarantees.