||• Performs all paperwork, technical, and non-technical procedures required to process and submit specimens.
• Assigns specific computer generated identification numbers, checks for accuracy, and records all items processed.
• Forwards accessioned specimens to designated laboratory location(s);and locating and correcting any discrepancies.
• Learns and keeps familiar with lab procedures and location of stored specimens.
• Locates specimens and pulls from various departments as requested.
Administrative: Answer telephones, maintain logs/records, organizational skills, proficiency with numbers, research information, use computerized databases, written and verbal communications.
Machine: Personal computer.
Normally requires a High School Diploma or equivalent w/1-3 years of experience.
• This position will aliquot urine samples as well as pull these samples for aliquoting to be sent to extractions for confirmation testing.