||• The Content Maintenance Specialist creates and updates marketing and instructional content for clients customer-facing website across 119 country sites and 37 languages.
• The Specialist helps determine content needs, writes and edits content using a content management system, makes iterative revisions, facilitates translations, troubleshoots issues, and tracks the quality of content assignments.
• The Content Maintenance Specialist reports to the Content Strategist or Managing Editor.
Additional Job Details:
Develops and Delivers Content via the Content Management System:
• Creates content assets utilizing the CMS to place new content onto the website.
• Updates metadata based on analytics to optimize search results.
• Publishes content changes to the preview environment to allow for quality assurance (QA) testing.
• Executes development assignments to support medium or large projects as required.
• Proposes alternative solutions for content requests unable to be implemented due to CMS limitations to ensure project sponsors’ needs are met.
• Proposes CMS and content development process improvements to increase efficiency.
• Cross-trains team members and region SMEs on CMS-related processes.
Conducts QA of Content Projects:
• Creates URL manifests for project sponsors and QA team to allow for review of published work.
• Completes rework requested by sponsors and QA team to meet customer content expectations. Identifies existing defects to remedy or document for future update in compliance with QA standards.
• Verifies content projects in various environments (e.g., preview, staging, production, etc.) to ensure content was properly installed.
• Reviews content changes completed by team members to ensure accuracy and compliance with sponsors’ requests.
Writes, Edits, and Revises Content:
• Interviews project sponsors in preparation for writing audience-specific content.
• Writes and edits content to ensure compliance and consistency with editorial, brand, and design standards.
• Reviews content provided by external customers to ensure compliance with standards.
• Revises content as per recommendations to meet expectations set by sponsors, project lead, and manager.
Determines Requirements and Scope of Content Projects:
• Evaluates content requests and clarifies with project sponsors and manager to ensure accurate interpretations and understanding.
• Reviews wireframes (i.e., graphical representations of application pages), page specifications, and other project documentation to ensure requirements are understood.
• Collaborates with Content Strategists, Project Strategists, and Managing Editors to synchronize content updates during the Enterprise Release content development phase.
• Collaborates with cross-functional disciplines (e.g., application developers, internet architects, graphic designers, region subject matter experts [SMEs], etc.) to gather identified assets needed to complete project work.
• Creates a content matrix (i.e., list of assets to change) to define and document scope of project work.
Manages Internal Translation Requests:
• Identifies translation needs based on project timelines, quantity to be translated, and language SME availability to prioritize to meet project dates.
• Submits internal translation requests to region SMEs to ensure translation is completed as needed for content projects.
• Updates master translation request calendar to ensure team members are aware of translation request timelines.
• Communicates translation milestone dates to region SMEs to ensure deadlines are met.
• Resolves or escalates translation issues to ensure projects remain on schedule.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree (Communications, Journalism, English, or Marketing)