• Client is currently seeking a Chemist/Engineer or Laboratory Technician with dispersion and milling industrial experience to carry out R&D plans for our organic and inorganic security pigments under the supervision and direction of a senior scientist.
• BA/BS degree in chemistry/engineering or equivalent scientific discipline.
• Minimum 3 years laboratory experience in industrial product development focused on ink/paint/coating chemistry.
• Able to learn and operate various laboratory tests and milling equipment.
• Able to independently perform routine chemical procedures and accurately document results.
• Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
• Working knowledge of rheology modifiers, dispersants, surfactants as used to stabilize dyes/pigments in inks/paints/or coatings a plus.
• Knowledge of lab milling equipment (attritor and eiger) a plus.
• Knowledge of conventional ink or inkjet technology a plus.
• Demonstrated product development success within team structures.
• Must be flexible; use sound judgment in handling unanticipated situations.
• Must be a self starter with a high level of initiative.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:-
• Ensure that safe lab practices and all safety measures and documentation are followed.
• Conduct milling methodology studies as needed of our inorganic/organic pigments regarding particle size distribution and how this affects emission detection for inkjet/conventional inks.
• Prepare dispersions based on selected pigments utilizing various lab equipment (attritor or eiger mill).
• Characterize dispersions (particle size distribution, % solids, stability, pH, viscosity, etc.)
• Maintain accurate and up to date laboratory notebooks.
• Prepare summary reports of experimental data as requested.
• Analyze experimental results.
• Maintain laboratory equipment.
• Conduct literature/vendor searches on identified topics.
• Interact with vendors, customers, and other client locations as needed.