• Performs technical duties related to production of histolopathological slides.
• Researches, troubleshoots, and resolves histology related inquiries and problems within the laboratory and for clients.
• Answer telephones, maintain logs/records, organizational skills, proficiency with numbers, research information, time management, train employees, use computerized databases, written and verbal communications.
• Machine: Personal computer.
• Speech clarity, utilization of fingers and hands, standing-remaining on one’s feet in an upright position, sitting-remaining in the normal seated position, handling-seizing, holding, grasping.
• Moderate physical effort (up to 30 pounds); must comply with applicable safety procedures.
Additional job duty (as assigned):
• (Hazardous Chemical Waste Management) Proper identification of known hazardous material in the work place.
• The knowledge of personal protection measures.
• The avoidance of accidents.
• The knowledge of hazardous waste characteristics, hazardous waste volume generation limits, accumulation limits, spill control measures, record keeping, proper handling and container management, labeling, container and storage inspection.
• Possible exposure to infection from disease-bearing specimens; regularly exposed to the risk of blood-borne diseases; must comply with applicable safety procedures.
• Far acuity-ability to see clearly at 20 feet or more; near acuity-ability to see clearly at 20 inches or less; depth perception-ability to judge distance and space relationships; color vision-ability to distinguish and identify different colors.
• Normally requires an Bachelor’s Degree w/1-3 years of experience in Histology and meet all licenses necessary for Histology or Associates Degree with 5+ years experience.