• Resource to provide ongoing, “hands-on” support in the manufacturing facility of the scoping, planning, coordination and execution of various tasks/ projects that have been identified to improve Operating Equipment Effectiveness.
• Projects/tasks may extend for an average period of 6 months but some may also be of shorter or longer duration.
• There will be some flexibility in matching resources to available tasks based on complexity and duration.
• While resource will be expected to work independently in completion of tasks / projects they will have support from various resources in/out of the plant.
• Resource must be technically oriented – Engineering Degree in a related discipline preferred (eg. mechanical, electrical, industrial, chemical, civil, etc.).
• May consider others with strong technical experience and demonstrated ability to excel in coordinating and completing tasks / projects.
• Resource may not be required to be a subject matter expert on tasks / projects but will be required to leverage the expertise of others to drive actions to completion.
• Experience in a manufacturing setting – Operations, Maintenance, Plant or Project Engineering, etc. Will be required to spend a large amount of time on the “factory floor”.
• Knowledge and adherence to the highest level of safety principles personally as well as the ability to integrate these into all tasks and work product.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal – will be required to coordinate and gather input from multiple plant and external resources (contractors, capital group, plant groups, operators, maintenance mechanics, managers, etc.). Will be required to develop procedures and other documentation / communication necessary to record and sustain process improvements.
• Must be well organized and able to manage projects / tasks effectively, make adjustments as needed and meet required timelines.
• Must be self-motivated and able to work independently with limited direction once clear objectives and expectations are set.
• Will be required to coordinate various activities performed by contractors, plant personnel, etc. necessary to complete projects / tasks effectively and on-time.
• Engineers will act as Project Leads to coordinate the project they are assigned.
• Will work a variety of projects - able to work on factory floor.
• Must be organized and motivated.