• Physical tasks include walking, grasping, carrying, lifting, seeing, hand-eye coordination, listening, and writing, speaking and traveling.
• Set down and stand up fork lift.
• Mental tasks include reading, interpreting, calculating, measuring and communicating.
• Lifting product weighing 35 lbs.
• Work is performed typically indoors.
• Some outside work may be required.
• Work which occasionally produces a high level of mental/visual fatigue, periodically performed under pressure, requiring intense mental application and attention to detail.
• Frequent exposure to one or more unpleasant (noise, heat, dust, etc.) or hazardous conditions 21-50% of work time.
• Ability to successfully complete various in-house and customer safety training programs.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Education equivalent to High School Diploma or G.E.D.
• Basic computer skills.
• Action Oriented Learning on the Fly Ethics and Values Functional/Technical Skills Customer Focus Decision Quality Problem Solving.
• Job Title: Material Handler
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Under the direction of the Warehouse Manager, is responsible for inventory flow in and out of the warehouse.
• These duties may include loading and unloading material from carriers, unpacking and packing of material.
• Also stocking or pulling material related to shipping or receiving documents.
• Perform receipt inspection of various valves and parts being able to verify and match incoming material with customer and clients Valves & Controls receiving documentation.
• Material Handling, Counting and identifying material.
• Must be able to read and interpret various product literature.
• Must understand and follow pertinent client Valves & Controls policies and procedures relative to all assigned duties and responsibilities.
• Must be customer oriented willing to work overtime as required. Understanding this may involve evening and weekend.
• Establishes and maintains acceptable attendance habits.
• Must be forklift, set down and stand up certified by Clients Valve & Controls.
• Perform other duties as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• The Material Handler works under the supervision of the Engineered Systems Supervisor.
• From written and/or verbal instructions the individual distributes material to the production areas and moves finished goods to the shipping area.
• Loads and unloads trucks inside and outside the building.
• The Material Handler is responsible for maintaining the storage locations.
• He/she is responsible for maintaining safe material handling practices.
• From bills of lading or packing lists, the material handler verifies incoming receipts for quantities and part numbers.
• Must have simple math skills.
• Must be able to read bills of lading, packing lists, etc.
• Must have valid forklift driver’s license.
• The Material Handler be able to work in a sitting position 90% of the time.
• Computer familiarity is a plus.
• SAFETY OBLIGATIONS
Comply with the following health and safety duties as a condition of employment:
• Comply with safety rules
• Attend and Participate in Safety Training
• Participate actively in the safety process
• Report all accidents and injuries immediately
• Submit suggestions to improve safety
• Know their duties in case of emergency
• Be a coach to others who are acting unsafely
• Comply with the following environmental duties as a condition of employment:
• Attend and participate in all hazardous and non-hazardous waste trainings.
• Ability to recognize chemical hazardous labels.
• Spill management and clean-up.
• Capability to follow satellite accumulation rules and requirements.
• Proficiency to recognize hazardous wastes in your area and manage properly.
• Distributes material to the various production areas in a manner that complements productivity.
• Moves finished goods to the shipping area.
• Determines proper loading procedures for trailer load shipments.
• Notifies Supervisor or scrap material so that proper transactions can be made.
• Performs daily maintenance check on lift trucks.
• Checks material movement transactions for accuracy of part numbers, quantities and locations.
• Maintains operating skills necessary to operate three different lift truck sizes.
• Loads and unloads finished goods and in-process materials from semi-trailers and vans.
• Occasionally, from verbal and/or written instructions, transports material between various manufacturing facilities.
• Assists in annual inventory (Mandatory).
• 4 or more years experience in an Facilities Operations or general office environment.
• Moderate to advanced skills required to operate business equipment associated with mailroom, copy center, and telephone/reception areas.