||The RF/RAN Planning and Optimization Senior RF Lead will be required to manage the delivery of small to medium sized network planning and optimization project according to the agreed scope of work (SoW), while managing customer’s expectations and schedule of acceptance. Responsibilities include leading a team of network planning and optimization Engineers in the market to support modernization rollout and optimization scope of delivery.
Required to have technical skill set and should be able to perform moderately difficult tasks that require limited judgment and minimum supervision (confer with technical experts on unusual problems).
• Lead RF design and optimization activities for a GSM/WCDMA network using customer provided tools.
• The job requires performance of routine tasks with limited supervision in order to execute/follow specific instructions on required tasks with expected performance results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Leads RF Optimization team and is accountable for successful delivery of network design, planning and optimization activities for small to medium sized mobile telecommunications network
• Build a strong customer relationship with corresponding customer interface (e.g. Customer Market Performance Manager)
• Manages the customer interface for scope, change management and acceptance issues. (e.g. Market Performance Manager)
• Driving & pushing customer teams regarding final acceptance based on agreed acceptance criteria (e.g. Cluster or Market acceptance)
• Manages communications with internal project management team, cross-functional teams in the market and corresponding customer teams
• Perform RF network design, planning and optimization activities for 2G/3G network
• Responsible to resolve day-to-day issues and support regions to deliver KPI of every UMTS/GSM cluster
• Implement UMTS/GSM optimization/acceptance plan, sponsor best practices, assess and escalate system issues to RAN, Core, Data design teams
• Ensure data integrity of various morphology/topography databases and drive test data for model calibration
• Undertake network performance improvement (KPIs) and optimization tasks
• Perform site build verification and site level acceptance
• Solid problem solving and analytical skills
• Exclusion / Exception area recommendation and verification
• Responsible for overall RF Optimization delivery of services in the Market and achieving 100% acceptance target
• Applies expert technical knowledge to solve complex problems
• Recognized expert in his own area
• Good leadership skills
• Acts independently or as a team member
• Coping under pressure
• Customer relationship management
• A minimum of 5 year work experience in RF Planning & Optimization for UMTS/GSM/EDGE.
• A minimum of 3 years good work experience on UMTS/GSM Optimization
• Knowledge of RF Planning tool, DT measurement/post processing tool and troubleshooting tools
• Working knowledge of RAN Product
• Good knowledge of 2G/3G/ 4G KPI.
• Good 2G/3G/4G RF network planning and optimization processes knowledge and experience
• Solid understanding of the impacts of technical decisions or changes in scope in regards to acceptance
• A proven experience of 2+ years in leading team of Engineers
• Any amount of work experience on LTE (4G) technology will be a plus