• Oversees, monitors, and coordinates production team activities, giving importance to individual member's and overall team's achievement of established goals.
• Ensures team's goals are aligned with and representative of the overall company's directive.
• Acts as liaison between team members and the rest of the organization.
• Has at least 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
• Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
• Typically reports to a manager or supervisor.
• A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Daily Job Duties:
1.) Support & enforce all safety & environmental policies while monitoring PPE adherence
2.) Learn all operations (molding, packing) and be able to run the equipment at speed (Requirement for 1st three months)
3.) Per management supervision help delegate assignments to team members & monitor productivity (NO direct supervision of workers)
4.) Perform training, retraining & cross-training to associates & audit adherence to process methods.
5.) Prepare & process shift paper work to include Daily production reporting (DPR), Machine Inspection Fallout Form (MIFF), Material Usage Sheet (MUS) & Training Tool & Record (TTAR).
6.) Communicate to Engineering\Management discrepancies, conflicts or concerns with posted production schedules & adjust available manpower for optimum productivity.
7.) Communicate present or potential equipment issues to Maintenance\Engineering.
8.) Set-up equipment & production lines per production schedules.
9.) Enforce & communicate 5’s requirements throughout shift & provide shift start audit result.
10.) Perform or delegate performance of timely delivery of raw materials to production lines & waste removal.
11.) Confirm workstations have been properly left for following shift.
• Capacity to handle & lift 40Lb cartons or containers.
• Able to work weekend assignments & flexible hours before & after designated shift.
• Capacity to clearly communicate verbally & in written format as well as perform basic mathematical calculations.
• Think critically & react swiftly to changes in production & manpower demands.
• High school or GED
• Good communication skills
• Use of lean tools.
• Previous manufacturing experience.
• Leadership and integrity; excellent attendance and role model for team members.
• Knowledge of injection molding along with packing and shipping knowledge.
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills; continuous improvement mindset.
• Able to build strong teams through motivation and coaching.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Strong presence on production floor continuously driving improvement.