||• At Nuclear Plant, the Communication Assistant plays a vital role in the daily functions of the communication department.
• The Communication Assistant often works with the Site Communicator and Video Team to develop and promote strategic internal messaging.
• Generally, internal messaging comes in the form of meeting outlines, graphic posters, slideshows, videos and flyers.
• Specific duties of a Communication Assistant include producing content for the organization's internal website, assisting in the development of meeting outlines and slideshows, monitoring meeting activities, assisting the Site Videographer with film shoots and maintaining a photo library.
• This position may also provide administrative support to the communications department and perform other duties as assigned by the Site Communicator and Senior Video Staff.
• *The emphasis is on the communication assistant aspect of the position – writing skills, people skills, experience taking pictures, highly organized.
• We would like for the person to have a working knowledge of design – for example, comfortable working in Publisher or the equivalent program and Word – but they do not have to have graphic design experience.
• *A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is REQUIRED for this position.
• Previous experience working in communication, strong writing skills, knowledge of basic design programming and highly-developed interpersonal communication skills are preferred.
• Local candidates preferred.