Financial Support Assistant II
Contact Phone #
Number Of Positions Available
Raleigh, NC USA
Candidate is primarily responsible for processing invoices for engineering and construction work performed relative to Transmission capital projects. Additionally expected to support the invoice needs of other groups and to provide various administrative functions as requested. The position is multi-functional and the ideal candidate will be able to transition through varying responsibilities easily. General AP processing knowledge and strong MSExcel skills required. Experience with Passport and Oracle a plus.
This is not an entry level administrative position. We are seeking only experienced candidates with strong experience and background supporting an accounts payable function. Must be a self motivated individual, able to prioritize and adjust to multiple and shifting demands, and demonstrating an openness to change.
• Monitor incoming invoices throughout each week
• Ensure proper contract and cost coding for each invoice
• Enter information into the accounting system for check processing
• Reconcile/balance project budget as needed
• Collect information from the Designated Representative when needed
• Gain the appropriate approvals for each invoice
• Issue invoices to AP for payment
• File the invoices in paper or electronic storage to meet regulatory data retention requirements
• Seek out unbilled estimates of work from vendors and tabulate for use in monthly accruals This position is responsible for financial support duties within Transmission Project Controls.
• Incumbent may serve as back up to the Business Financial Analysts or Project Controls Analysts during absence.
• This position requires a thorough knowledge of office administration, and personal computer software.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) equivalent with three to six years related work experience in a financial support role.
• Preferred: Associate degree with a specialization in Finance, Accounting or Administration with one to three years related work experience.
• Required: Strong interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products is required.
• Attention to detail and the ability to work well in a team environment are critical to success in this role.
• Process invoices for payment.
• Investigate and analyze errors, and make follow up inquires to ensure proper payments.
• Complete monthly accrual spreadsheet.
FILING / RECORDS:
• Project invoices and other related data must be retained to comply with regulatory requirements.
• This includes both paper and electronic filing.
• Information must be processed using the PC in an effective and timely manner.
• Incumbent must be proficient in the use and application of electronic mail and will be taught scheduling and financial software applications as appropriate.
Home Phone #
Work Phone #
Attach Your Resume
Please Upload (doc ; docx ; rtf ; pdf) Resume.
Copyright 2007 by GDKN Corporation