• Prepares balance sheet reconciliations, and other financial reports for variance analysis
• Responsibilities also include creating purchase orders, and preparing payments and balancing each month
• Ensure the accuracy and timely processing and reconciliation of all accounts payable and tax accounts
• Part of the North American Accounting department responsible for the accurate and timely processing of accounts payables, purchase orders, GST returns, state tax returns and other related monthly/quarterly/annual close activities
• Implement, document, and maintain systems and internal controls which help verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data in accordance with Corporate policies
• Participate in a variety of special projects as assigned, including, but not limited to internal/external audits, and various government reporting
General Skills & Knowledge Required:-
• Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities. High attention to detail and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Sound time-management and organizational skills, uses time efficiently and develops realistic work plans. Experience in managing and meeting reporting deadlines is essential.
• Strong working knowledge surrounding general ledger and accounts payable
• Experience working in a public company is an asset
• Experience working with ERP is an asset.
• Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent with 4-6 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
Client is seeking to hire IMMEDIATELY an experienced Lead Accounts Payable/Receivable Clerk.
Qualified candidates MUST possess the following skills and experience:-
- Experience with AS400
- Strong Accounts Payable Background
- ERP experience REQUIRED - experience in a similar role
- HS Diploma is required, must be verified.
Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- If posses a degree with some experience, will review as well, but must have strong MS word and Excel knowledge
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, multi-task and trainable
- Computer literate, professional, dependable, able to work with others and independently