• High School Diploma or equivalent experience required.
• Associates Degree preferred, or AutoCAD certification with demonstrated success in the functions outlined in the above job responsibilities.
• Experience in Fire Alarm, Fire Detection, Security, CCTV, Nurse Call, and/or Master Time a plus.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
• Proficient in use of spreadsheets.
• Proficient in reading and understanding architectural, electrical layouts & diagrams.
• Self-starter that can work with little to no supervision.
• Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
• Must be able to use computer keyboard and focus attention to PC monitor for prolonged periods.
• Ability to operate and maintain CAD equipment, plotter and other drawing reproduction equipment.
• Maintain project drawing files, drawing library, and associated records and documentation per business and district policies.
• The ability to obtain NICET Level II within a year of employment.
• Excellent written and verbal.
• Work closely with senior design engineers to develop drawings, calculations and equipment application for either fire alarm, security, sprinkler, suppression and/or sound systems using AutoCAD.
• Review and interpret engineer specifications.
• Prepare complex electrical drawings, such as conceptual presentation drawings which meet contract requirements, floor plan layouts, riser drawing, battery and voltage drop calculations.
• Prepare electrical interconnection drawings, matrixes and technical charts.
• Maintain project drawing files, drawing library, and associated records and documentation per Headquarters policies.
• Coordinate electronic systems projects delivery process from order receipt to project completion.
• Perform other related duties as required.