Lead System Engineer with PE Skills
* There are multiple turbine engine control systems currently in development from initial concepts to qualification.
* These projects need guidance as to how to assess trade studies versus cost and schedule.
* This role will be focused on control system solutions with project engineering skills to balance cost and cycle time versus multiple technical challenges and solutions helping to drive component designs.
* Trades will need to be defined, and some of the decisions (needed quickly) will come without all of the information desired.
* Therefore, ability to make, document (including why), and defend decisions based on limited technical data is required.
* This role will include definition of roles in the form of statements of work (and paperwork needed) in order to attain contingent labor for these projects.
* The tracking of spend against the statements of work will also be required.
* It will also require the ability to balance criticality vs. urgency – to prioritize daily task for this position and others on the team.
* Leadership skills, through influence over a diverse group of engineers is required. Communication skills with the team, managers, and leadership is required.